Friday, May 6, 2011

International No Diet Day

And this is why I am loving having a blog. Because when I suddenly realize that I almost missed the fact that today, May 6, is International No Diet Day, I can hop on here and shout to the world how awesome I think that is.

I can't really do anything special in honour of No Diet Day, because for me, everyday day is...well, No Diet Day, but in hindsight I will raise my Blueberry Fritter in a toast to supporting the goals of INDD.


There is no "right" body shape (despite what the media will have you believe).

There are so many more important things to be worrying about instead of obsessing over body weight or size.

The 'diet industry' sucks. Commercial diets perpetuate negative stereotypes of women, and weight-loss surgery in many cases is another form of violence against women.


So, International No Diet Day, I tip my hat at you. I say thumbs down to self-loathing and a thumbs up to embracing your body type.

1 comment:

  1. Cheers! I raise my blueberry bagel with full fat cream cheese to your fritter! Thanks for being such a positive influence in a sea of negativity, my friend. Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete