Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Beach Bodies

I'm getting a bit sick already of the Springtime push on weight-loss and fitness regimes to achieve the 'perfect beach-body'. Here's the thing...in my opinion all you need for a beach body is
a) a beach and
b) a body.

Health comes in many shapes and sizes, and while we can all afford to make our health and physical fitness a priority, fad diets and panic-driven exercise plans to slim down for bathing suit season are not the best ideas for your physical or mental well-being. There is no such thing as the perfect body. The companies who want you to buy their product will try and make you think there is, but it doesn't exist. Your body is perfect for you. Be nice to it, be kind to it, LOVE it for all that it can do, and the health and wellness will come. This picture is full of lovely, perfect 'beach bodies'. Happy Spring everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! We're only imperfect when someone tries hard to tell us we are, but they're usually just trying to make a buck so I dismiss them on principle.

    Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spend a lot of time at the beach. It used to bug me that my stomach was/is poochy and my breasts were/are small. My body is about the same now. These days I just don't care if anyone likes my look. I look beautiful to me.

    ReplyDelete