Saturday, October 20, 2012

Create-A-Costume

So the kid said that he wanted to be R2D2 for Halloween.  No problem, I promised. We can make that happen.

I like a challenge. Actually, in this case, I liked accepting the challenge and then passing off much of it to my husband on his days off! Ha! Well he came through, and figured out the concept of the upside-down garbage can and set to work creating the greatest Halloween costume ever to be worn by a 5 year old.

We spray-painted, papier-mâchéd, duct-taped, glued, and cut cardboard for hours and this is the result!

I'll get more pictures on Halloween night of course, with the kiddo actually wearing the costume. In this one he's just crouching down inside and peeking out the candy-door ; ) But if anyone is still looking for a costume idea for a Star Wars fan...here's an idea for you! I have one excited 5-year old!
Pin It


3 comments:

  1. Amazing costume! ... And what fun to think my 33 year old would have loved to have that costume when he was 5!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT IS AMAZING!!!!! I know someone on facebook who is trying to build his own fully operational R2D2. I think his future kids need this. :-)

    ReplyDelete